Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm standing outside tonight.
I'm looking towards your window.

I'm the one to whom you run when Life tears you apart.
I'm the one who holds you in the night.
I'm the one who tells you it'll be alright.

I'm standing outside tonight.
The rain is falling all around me.
But I don't feel a thing, I'm numb....

I'm numb from shock,
As I stand here outside tonight.
I watch you lift the phone,
And I can see you type my number...

But then you set the phone down,
You never make that call.
Instead you place the phone on the bed;

And lift The Blade.

The Blade to whom you run when the pain inside wont go away.
The Blade that gives that pain escape to the surface.
The Blade that whispers lies to your heart.

I'm standing outside tonight.
And a tear rolls down my cheek,
quickly followed by another.
And another.

Soon my tears tears match the outpouring of the Sky,
As we both watch helplessly as again and again,
The Blade meets your skin.
As again and again The Blade kisses you were my lips cannot.

I'm standing outside tonight,
Calling out your name.
Begging you to stop.
Pleading with you to run to me.

I tremble with the desire to rush to your side,
And take away that Blade.
To wrap your wounds with healing,
 To hold you as I did before,
And wipe away those tears you shed.


I'm standing outside tonight.....
Won't you please come outside tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment